Friday, October 9, 2009

DREAM 10.8.09: Tsunami

I am in rehearsal with Kate Bush for a small-scale concert. We are working on a song that is a cross between "Hounds of Love" and "King of the Mountain," taking turns on the verses while I sing back-up on the chorus. We take a break. I go to another room with a large picture window looking out to the ocean. This building is on a beach, so close to the water that I wonder if the ocean covers the window at high tide. To the right I see a very odd sight: an enormous tsunami wave about to break on shore, somehow frozen, as if on "pause." Waves continue to pile up on top of it, making it larger and larger. Farrah Fawcett stands in front of it with a camera. I run out of the building to find higher ground. Suddenly, the wave unpauses and crashes on the beach. I come around the building and ask Farrah if she is okay. She says yes, but there is another wave frozen and building , bigger than the last one, so we continue to run.

No comments: