Saturday, December 11, 2010

DREAM 12.10.10: Apparent Horse Suicide Attempt

I am visiting someone who lives in a house at the end of a cul-de-sac but they aren't home. I go inside the house to wait and as I glance out the window, I see a horse in an elaborate caparison with full blinders. He is getting spooked not knowing where he is in relation to anything, and he starts to run. He is headed toward the house and I am scared he is going to run into a wall and hurt himself. I run outside but he has run past the house, to the backyard. In the backyard is a canal. I don’t see him anywhere and the water is smooth, but I check anyhow. I walk along the edge of the water and see him below the surface. I jump in clothed, and I make him tilt his head up over the surface of the water so he can breathe. I wonder why he didn’t do so when it was only a few inches. It is as if he wanted to drown. I swim with him until we find a bank where I lead him up onto land.

No comments: