Saturday, August 13, 2011

DREAM 8.12.11: Palace Tour

I am on a tour of Buckingham Palace with a very small group of people. We are all surprised when the Queen joins us, unannounced. I tell a little boy of seven or eight that it is very special because the Queen is going to show us around herself. I step aside, deferring to her to lead, but she deliberately goes to the rear, as if to herd us. In her office, she finds laminated passes for each of us to wear on this special tour. Mine has my interior design business logo on it!

I am sure this dream is related to this marvelous picture I found the other day. It's very sweet to see them like this...in love. You know that as they gaze at each other in the second picture, they are only seeing each other as they appear in the first.


It reminds me of a line spoken by Frances Conroy as Ruth Fisher in the incredible, life-altering HBO series "Six Feet Under." After her husband died, Ruth mourned his absence with her daughter by noting, “I miss him too. There will never be another man who will love me when I am young and pretty and always have that picture of me somewhere in his heart.”

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRoyalChannel

No comments: