Thursday, September 22, 2011

Happy Birthday, "Oh By The Way"


Two years ago, I had a dream in which I started a blog called “Oh, By The Way.” When I woke up that morning, I went to the computer and promptly started a blog called “Oh, By The Way.” Seriously--it was the first thing I did that morning, and yes, I often act out in waking life things I have dreamt. The idea was to post things that I would normally tell or email my friends: “Oh, by the way, do you know of this artist/designer/model/singer/actor… or, have you seen this video/ heard this song/ seen this movie/ read this book/ seen this picture/ visited this place?”

I am dedicated to posting the positive (I post things I like, not things I don’t), the fascinating, the beautiful, the interesting, the moving, and the inspiring and uplifting. Sometimes I post cultural as well as personal observations, milestones, and remembrances. And just like life, these things often have a bit of melancholy or even sadness in them, which is what makes our time here so lovely and bittersweet and precious.

Anyhow, Happy Birthday “Oh, By The Way.” You are two years old and you consist of seven hundred and eighty-nine posts, not counting these wishes.

And followers and regular readers: thank you so much! I hope you find this blog positive, fascinating, beautiful, interesting, moving, inspiring and uplifting. Welcome to the birthday party. Help yourself to a virtual slice of rose or violet cake (I adore flower-flavored food!), a glass of milk, and enjoy the band!

No comments: