Saturday, September 24, 2011

New M83 On The Way!

I am also quite thrilled about the new M83 (Anthony Gonzalez) album entitled "Hurry Up, We're Dreaming," which will be released next month, October 18th, 2011.


From M83's website:

"Produced by Justin Meldal-Johnsen (Beck, NIN, The Mars Volta, Goldfrapp) and including contributions from Brad Laner (from 90’s band Medicine) on guitar, Saturdays=Youth vocalist Morgan Kibby, and guest vocalist Zola Jesus, Hurry Up, We’re Dreaming is a double-album journey that takes us to the horizon and introduces us to new landscapes. About awakening, craving, and conquering, Hurry Up, We’re Dreaming pushes into new vocal territory for M83. Here we see Gonzalez test out different ways of singing, ranging from a spectral breathy whisper to a howling scream. “I think it is a reflection of my 30 years of being a human being. It’s a compilation of all my previous music together. It’s a retrospective of myself”, says Gonzalez."

"Hurry Up, We're Dreaming," released on Mute Records, will be a double album as evidenced by the track listing below:

Disc 1
Intro
Midnight City
Reunion
Where The Boats Go
Wait
Raconte moi une histoire
A Train To Pluton
Claudia Lewis
This Bright Flash
When Will You Come Home?
Soon, My Friend

Disc 2
My Tears Are Becoming A Sea
New Map
OK Pal
Another Wave From You
Splendor
Year One, One UFO
Fountains
Steve McQueen
Echoes Of Mine
Klaus I love You
Outro



I adore the cosmic, highly emotional music of M83 and this seems like it will be epic. The title is so evocative, playing into my extreme interest in dreams/ dreaming/ dream states, and in keeping with the mystical, nostalgic texture M83 generates.

The first single "Midnight City" will be released September 26th on a collection of remixes. Here is the original...



I love the Trentemøller remix of "Midnight City" posted on the M83 site. Listen to it below...



http://ilovem83.com/

No comments: