Monday, February 8, 2016

"Ablaze," "On My Heart" and "Open Your Eyes" by School of Seven Bells

OH. MY. GOD. I love School of Seven Bells and I am thrilled they are releasing a new album called "SVIIB" on February 26th, 2016. I have missed hearing the gloriously compelling, dreamy, layered sounds and the gorgeous voice of Alejandra Dehaza. But the new album is released in the dark shadow of the death of her bandmate-friend-partner Benjamin Curtis who sadly passed away at the waaaaaaay-too-young age of 35 from cancer. The album was recorded in 2012, with all of Curtis' work completed. He died in 2013, and Dehaza finished the album alone; after three years, she is finally ready to release the end result. The thought of that makes me quite emotional.

So School of Seven Bells is now a solo act and while Dehaza will certainly continue to make music, we wonder if it will be under the School of Seven Bells name...






http://www.sviib.com/

No comments: