Tuesday, October 4, 2016

BEAUTY: Painting--Nicholas Bohac

I feel something familiar in the cosmic, psychedelic images made by San Francisco-based artist Nicholas Bohac. He says, "In this recent work, my aim is to question the universe and where, exactly, people fit into it. Specifically, I’m interested in the way we interact with and interpret what’s around us, and how that adds meaning to who we are. My paintings explore space & time, adventure, introspection, repeating patterns & the big picture. Through juxtaposing the abstract and surreal with the human condition, I hope to inspire a sense of wonder.

Through my work, I aim to explore the overall phenomenon of what it means to be human, past, present & future. The recurrent theme remains: Everything comes from nothing, and nothing comes from everything."


His figures make me flash on a quote by Sondra Ray:
“Your body is not solid flesh. Your body is not matter. It is energy. Your flesh is a physical manifestation of the five vibratory elements. Your physical form is made of molecules, molecules are made of atoms, atoms are made of electrons, and electrons are made up of billions of specks of energy. Your body is a mass of scintillating specks of light, held together by your thoughts…”
--Sondra Ray

Top to bottom: Drift; Explorations In The Tall Grass; Going Where Nobody Has Gone Before; More Shoegazers; Portal; Shoegazers; Time Travel Table; Up; Into The Fold

http://www.nicholasbohac.com/

No comments: